Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Weekend of Games in Madrid.

On Saturday, February 20, the Scrabble Club Atriles of Madrid had organized a Scrabble tourney.

Patxi and Montse, from my club, Scrabble Girona, came to play it. My good friend Gloria from Barcelona and Santi from Sant Andreu also came. I had the honor of being their host at home. Due job they can´t came before but the day of the tourney. Santi came during the morning, but the rest came in a car, so they had been just in time for starting to play.

The tourney was a 6 rounds one. The winner was Juan Carlos Ayala, that is showing a big interest of being one of the classifieds to the World Championship this year.

Atriles is innovating a new tournament format, we started to playat 14.00 (ok! Ok! We really started a bit later). ;P We made a long stop for dine something and finished the tourney around midnight.

My personal experience with this new format was really ok. In some how I felt less tired, it was like having more time for playing.

After finished the tourney we came to home, Curro had prepared something to eat, not so much due we had already dine at the tourney. I think it was a mix of being tired due the travel and the tourney but we haven´t play more Scrabble that night, but we had been talking a lot about good memories.

On Sunday everyone got up when he wanted… that for Patxi that this time shared the room with Santi, meant to wake up at 7.30. As he was the only one early bird, he was so nice and went alone to study seated at the floor of the kitchen (in Spain is normal to have a table with chairs at the kitchen for breakfast, but as this is not part of my habits, I have none… otoh: if I would thought someone would be at the kitchen for a while, I´ll show him where we have the stools).

I got up around 10. The coffe and the tea were already ready and Santi had gone to buy churros. (Yeap! Nice to have guests at home! Hehehe). Well, actually I had planned to prepare them some hot cakes, but seem I should wait another chance to.

After breakfast… no! We haven’t play Scrabble! We were talking, Montse discovered my 3D puzzles (yeap, I should talk about them in some post), when I saw she was very excited with them I showed them the Rush Hour, the first one playing it was Patxi, but the one that really loved it was Montse. :D There was a moment when everyone was in he´s own world! Patxi camouflaging himself with the sofa, Gloria and Curro watching something at the PC, Montse challenging the Rush Hour (no, that wasn´t a redaction mistake!) ;P and Santi uploading his blog… and I was taking pics to all! :D



For lunching we called a Chinese restaurant that also has roasted chicken. While taking the coffees Curro played some videos of his own creation and them got excited with the music! :D



Finally, after the coffees, we played Scrabble! Just Montse didn´t, she kept with the Rush Hour and the puzzles.



I´m afraid that last just a moment, due they had 6 road hours to travel and 2 more to Girona.

Guys! I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment