Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Open doors on the roof of Círculo de Bellas Artes , Madrid.

I´m interrupting a bit the story about our weekend in Mallorca in order to give you an exclusive ;P

Today I had a meeting with a friend at the Café o Círculo de Bellas Artes, around midday. At the entrance it was a sign that read “just today, open doors at the roof”, they had 2 passes, one at 14.00 and the other one at 16.30. I asked a bit more what It was about, and the people of the reception desk told me it was for the views, agreed the views were really fantastic.

Actually I had plans for this afternoon but the “just today” made me thought that I could miss a once in a life chance, specially due the part of “fantastic views” as far as if there´s something I really love are the views, so, I´d move my appointments in order to be there at 16.30 again.

Since more or less a year ago, I usually have with me a small digital camera. It´s Olympus, small one, easy to carry on, takes good quality pics (not the best over the world but good enough for my uses). It has the option of taking video, I insist, for simple things it´s quite good, I even had placed videos taken with this one at the blog before… but… I should say today I found it´s not for landscapes, especially if you want to use the zoom.

Anyway I wanted to share with you my experience. The video is ok, just that views at that roof deserves going with a better camera. I have 2 versions:

With ambient sound:



With music at the background:



The good news is that actually the open doors will stay at least till the end of the summer. Somebody explained me there that they place the “just today” at the sign because time to time they have activities at that roof that won´t allow to let the people to go there, so, in order to avoid claims, they preferred the “just for today” thing.,

So, the passes for this open doors of the roo fis from Monday to Sunday at 14.00 and at 16.30. Saturday and Sunday also at 11.00 and 20.00. The cost of each pass is 2 euros.

I´m really glad to know the roof doors will be open more days, so I can go again with a better camera and even in different times, I think to watch the sunset there should be priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment