Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bulls of Guisando. Saint Valentine´s 2010 Special Weekend: 7th Part.

We went from Asador Escondido to Guisando. We would liked to have a bit more of time for walking a bit around Burohondo and in my own case, to have a look at La Fonda del Arte that from outside seemed to be a nice place… and afterwards, checking it by internet… God! How I missed it! :/ But well, we were almost loosing the day light and it was needed for watching the Bulls of Guisando.

The Bulls of Guisando are 4 stone bulls done by the Vettones around the II or I A.C. century. There´s no explanation about why they did them. There are a lot of things worth view in Spain! I haven´t heard about them before, it supposed to be mentioned at Don Quijote, but actually I had read it and I don´t remember that. But well, you see, I had read it when I was a teen, without internet, so, no easy way to resolve doubts! ;P

Here our pics:



And here a video done by Julio (from Asador Escondido):



After watching them we went to Maqueda, there was the Restaurant Mesón Castellano, the place Julio recommended us for dining. It seems to be really good, once there the waitress told us they had no space for us, all was reserved a month ago. So, it should be one of the best places of that area. The same waitress told us about another place close there.

Here some of the views from the road, going from Burgohondo to Maqueda:



Yes, I know, Miguel Bosé at the background there is a bit strange… point is I´m a fan and it was what we were hearing during the travel! So, maybe chill out music would be better for the video, but…

(To be continued.)

No comments:

Post a Comment