Thursday, March 18, 2010

Capuccino San Miguel: the real coffee palace! Visiting the Scrabble Club Scrabbalear!

After eating at Celler Sa Premsa, Pochola and Xisco led us to Capuccino San Miguel. We went walking (no more than 10 minutes).

The curious part was that we were walking slowly, I was taking pics and videos of the places I liked and when I saw this place I liked so much and filmed the entrance, they were a little ahead of me. I caught them thinking it was a real pity not to go there. They were looking for an address and… yes! It was this! :D

The cafe is in an eighteenth century palace. The building is beautiful and has managed to decorate it with such good taste that only to see it, it´s worth entering. When you arrive in the middle of the main room you get a tray of samples of their cakes. Marble tables in the main hall, some stairs that take you to a small section with a few more tables

We sat right in the space under the stairs and the menu, for a coffee and tea fan like me, was like opening a book of poetry. From evocative names to classics as the expresso, all sounded so good for me. A pity that we had ate a lot in Celler Sa Premsa! The menu of sandwiches and cakes was also so tempting. We must go again! ;P

The music, chill out, was the apotheosis of the moment. Yes, as I explained on other occasions, when I'm in a place whose beauty I get through all the senses, often I feel that instead of walking I´m levitating. This time I was sitting but levitating as well!

Here Cris joined us, she´s also part of the Scrabble Club Scrabbalear. I didn´t know her yet but during that weekend we became friends.

We were there for a while enjoying the place and our beverages. I went to the toilette and… the icing on the cake! In the corridor just before entering the bathroom they had a sample of their music in CDs! They also sell them! No, I did not buy any, but the temptation is big and they also have them for sale on its website. :D

I also discovered it also has a courtyard with a fountain in the middle which should be great for spring time. It's totally different atmosphere.

Here the video:



I definitely will go back there! And I will go to the one that they will open during this spring! This will be located in the Paseo del Borne, which will be decorated by Michael Smith, who was commissioned to redecorate the White House for Obama (yes, yes, I mean the Obama that occupies the White House!)

A pity not to have one of those in Madrid!

(To be continued.)

No comments:

Post a Comment