Friday, January 22, 2010

Luisa de Xicotencatl: from Indian Princess to a Tasteful Kitchen

Doña Luisa de Xicotencatl

The name of the place is taken from the name of an Indian Princess gave by her father to Pedro de Alvarado (Spanish Conqueror of Guatemala), not exactly as a wife (afterwards he has his Spanish legal wife), but actually they both had a daughter…. But that´s another story! ;)

This cafeteria is famous due the house it´s situated, a quite nice colonial house with a big garden, and also due the food that has a remarked European style (I think the owners are from Europe… maybe from Germany). They make their own bread and also have a store selling their delicious bread.

To go there on weekends to take the breakfast is a real classic!

I´m afraid I have no pics of their breakfasts and I didn´t found at internet, but here some of the restaurant:





I have already talk about this at the post Breakfast in Antigua Guatemala: Where to Go but someone advised me it will be more useful to place them in different posts, so here is it, it contains exactly the same of that post, in case of new comments about this place, I´ll write a new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment