Sunday, January 24, 2010

Casa Santo Domingo: my Ideal Resting Place

Hotel Casa Santo Domingo

This is definitely my favorite hotel in the whole world. Ok, at least of the part of the world I know! :P Actually it´s a 5 stars Museum-Hotel. They had rebuilt a colonial convent, but taking care of conserving the original style and even the original master pieces of the convent are exhibited at the museum part (but also decorating rooms and corridors). It´s full with quite original details… like having the swimming pool at the old fountain (I mean: you swim inside a fountain! But it had been rebuilt as swimming pool).

Here some of my own pics:



Here a video with the story of the hotel (I´m afraid it´s in Spanish):



In this one you can see a lot of different areas of the hotel (as well in Spanish but you don´t need to understand the dialog to appreciate the beauty of the place):



Its restaurant had win a lot of international prices, so, it´s always a great idea to eat there! :D My favorite: ravioli.

No comments:

Post a Comment