Friday, April 24, 2009

Music gives me life!



I love commercial music. Yes, I know, that´s not really something to be proud about, but that´s how it is. I really have no idea why, but everybody all over the world, once I say I love music and to dance, always think my very favorite music should be Tropical one. O.k. I had born in Guatemala, tropical music rhythm is somehow part of me… but actually on first place I´m a rocker! Even the song I have in my personal mobile is this one:



That btw already gave an embarrasing moment in 2007. I was in a meeting in Geneve, at the office of a client that was an important Swiss Bank. Some of my colleagues were late and my work mobile wasn´t working, so, while waiting them in front of the Bank, I was contacting them with my mobile, but we had to go inside first due they will take a bit more time (and nobody would like to be late with a Swiss Bank!) and I forgot to disable the sound of my mobile... So, after shaking the hands of 8 serious gentlemen and just one of them a bit younguer than me, sounds: "pum! pum! it´s my liiiffeeee it´s now or never"... my collegues calling me to ensure to which floor they should go... a big silence and 7 pair of eyes watching me like more or less killing me... just the one younguer than me laughing and laughing... gulp! But after that all was perfect in that meeting. :D

Here some of the rock songs I love:



Next one was for long time some kind of hymn for me... even now when I hear it, my whole body reacts! I need to "have my space" to hear it!



Some of the classics:


I had the chance to met him at the backstage in 2005! (That´s why the pic of the headline of this post).




Oh God! What great voice he has! I think his "uuuuoooooooo!!" is the one most shouted loud all over the Spanish speaking world! :D (Yes, I know, I could be exaggerating). ;)





A Guatemalan rock group:



My very best Guatemalan group is Alux Nahual that has done a very good denounce of daily problems in Latin America.:





I had the privilege of known them, I even had been learning how to play drums with Lenín, no, I´m afraid I haven´t learn a lot! That actually is so embarrasing when you think about the Def Leppard Drummer has just one arm! :$

That´s how some Alux Nahual members looked in 1988:



But I also like groups of the last decade:



Lately I haven´t hear rock I really like, I think the last ones were:





So, on second place, I love pop music. My very favorite of all is Phil Collins and his concert in Barcelona in 2004 was one of the betters I had been in my whole life! This DVD and the Bon Jovi´s concert one (where I also was, in 2008, Barcelona), are the ones I play and play at home time to time. Point is, ok, maybe I don´t play them so often, but when I do, it´s a matter of playing it no less than 3 times in a row! Yeap, I usually do it when I´m alone or in the Bon Jovi´s case, when I´m with my 21 y/o daughter! (I prefer to avoid taking conclusions of this fact!)

Here the song I liked more of Phil Collins concert (not my video, not in Barcelona, but it was exactly the same anyway):



(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment