Friday, April 3, 2009

From Russia with Love! (Final Part)


So, I accepted. We went to the GUM. He was there also due work, already for 4 weeks, wondering, also giving training! He asked me about my plans for that night (remember, night there starts at 16.00 at that period of time) and I told him that nothing special, but I was willing to go to a disco (I love to dance, I usually go to meet at least one disco everywhere I go, believe me, it´s not a problem to go alone if you ask the right people that usually is the hotel staff, about a place that would be ok to do so). He asked me if I would like to walk a bit.


Was wondering that having been there for 4 weeks and staying in a hotel so close to the Red Square, he hasn´t gone to any touristic place till then… he said it was due he´s a bit shy…. (!!!???). So, I took him to the places I liked more, Alexander Garden, Manezhnaya Square and some metro stations. Watching that he was wondered about those places, I asked him again why he didn´t went to meet something… and then he answered “due I was waiting the Guatemalan girl to come to show me Moscow!” :D I think that was the greatest joke of the day! (Maybe even of the week!) We were laughing a lot the rest of the night reminding that phrase!


He invited me to din at the Pushkin Restaurant at Cafe Pushkin that btw I haven´t heard about in my whole life… so, as far as none of us were dressed as for going to a fancy place, I didn´t thought it could be one… and it was! I felt a bit embarrassed when I saw how the people going there were dressed… but well, Louis was also with jeans, so, at least I wasn´t the only one! ; )



A video of Café Pushkin food: (this one isn´t mine!).



The place was great, just so expensive… but… I wasn´t paying! ;)

I also drunk a cup of chocolate, the way the waiter did it was like they in Russia use to do some centuries ago, was a small show at all! : )





Louis asked me if I would allow him to go with me to dance, of course that was better for me than going alone, so we went to a place someone told him about. The disco was with a private party, so was no possible to enter. None of us had an idea about where else we could go, but there were 2 Italian guys also at the entrance, Louis asked them if they knew another place to go, so they said they were planning to go to a place inside the Gorky Park, that would be nice if we go with them, so we did. Was amazing for me that we took a taxi at the street, as everybody told me not to… the taxi left us in front of the place´s door, they didn´t let me pay my part, I have no idea if it was more expensive or as it should be, but they didn´t complain. The place wasn´t a disco, but a restaurant. We were drinking, talking and laughing. One of the Italians was a Chef, living in Moscow for 8 years. The other one was a friend that went to visit him but was thinking about staying there some years. Was amazing for me to hear him telling that! Would be great to have that freedom!

We went out more or less at 1.00 hrs. Surprise! Wasn´t possible for taxis to go inside the park at that time! That meant that we should go out walking on a road that was with a thin but slippery layer of ice. Of course I had buy special cloth and boots for snow… but using them doesn´t mean to know how to handle them and I felt down… So! There I was! At 1.00 of the night, in the middle of the Gorky Park, with aprox -30 C degrees, completely spread-eagled at the floor!… Immediately they 3 came to help me, asking me if I was sure I was ok… my body was but I´m not so sure about my Ego! :S From then on I had one Italian and the French guys at each of my sides, holding on me and the other Italian at my back, more or less holding on me as well, till we finally went out of the park! They 3 were taking good care of me as great gentlemen! (Yeap, again was nice to be the only one female of the group!). :D.

We took a taxi again… at the middle of the street! Exactly how everybody told me not ever to do so! But well, we didn´t have more options actually and none of them show any sign of preoccupation… so…We went then to the Chesterfield Café. Finally a disco! :D (That now is another place, not very recommendable as the guides say…). We had a great time there, it´s always interesting to watch out how people around the world behave in a disco, just not always you really can identify what´s going on. At 3.30 I remind that I had book a taxi at my hotel at 4.30 for going to the airport… and I still didn´t have my bag ready! As good gentlemen, they 3 went to leave me at my hotel… again taking a taxi at the middle of the street! Of course I had no time to rest a bit before taking my taxi to the airport… but! I´ll do at the plane! :D




For me Moscow is a total eyesight delicatessen! Would love to go back some day and then to include St. Petesburg... Sponsors are vey wellcome!! ;P

A web with 360o views of Moscow:

http://www.moscow.info/qtvr/index.aspx

Live webcams:

http://www.earthcam.com/russia/moscow/

No comments:

Post a Comment