Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dunkin´ Coffe ad. While passing by…

I saw it in Mallorca, when we went to visit the Scrabbalear Scrabble Club. We were walking at the old part of the city and once I saw this ad…


I burst out laughing!!!

For the ones not living in Spain, I´ll explain this. Some years ago a very well known t.v. presenter has done a t.v. program called “I have a question for you” where several normal citizen where invited for making some questions to the current President, Zapatero. In one program, a man started talking about how prices changed once the Euro started being the new currency, but not the salaries and then asked to Zapatero “do you know how much a coffee is?” Zapatero replayed: 80 cents… at that moment in Spain a coffee was around 1 euro and specifically in Madrid, around 1,20… and I´m not talking about fancy places.
You can watch it here, but I´m afraid it´s in Spanish:



Of course a lot of people all over Spain made quite a lot of jokes about Zapatero having no idea of the prices. That´s why it made me to laugh to see how, some years later, Dunkin´ Coffee uses this for their ads. I haven´t went inside to ask for a coffee, so I can´t tell if I would recommend it or not, but laughing… I laughed for a while, yes. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment