Friday, May 14, 2010

A bin in fire. While passing by…

As I said at the introduction of this section, sometimes I´ll write about not nice things. This is the case today.

Few days ago I went to the bank. As it´s usual, I spend a bit of time talking with the ladies attending there. I came in around 13.30 and was there no more than 20 minutes. Once I said I was leaving, one of the ladies told me she will go with me to the door to close it (in Spain the banks close at 14.00). Then we saw it. The bin outside the bank, was burning! We were quite wondered because that agency has all glass, we were talking no more than 4 meters away of the door, we should see something, but nothing at all.

For me was also wondering that the ladies of the bank immediately went to close the door, I thought about that later, and of course they should, it could be a distraction for robbing the bank.

We were also wondered about how fast all happened, as I said, I haven´t been there more than 20 mins. but let´s think it was half of hour. When we saw it, the bin was liquid plastic with some cans inside (colas´ cans). That gave me the impression that the bins are made with a very bad material, actually I wonder why they don´t put fireproof bins. A car was very close to the place where the bin was burning, I really think the owner has no idea that his car is ok because the wind was going to the opposite direction; otherwise maybe the title of this post would be a bit different as well.



What really made me to be proud about was how quickly the fire department and the police were there. Or well, I´m not so sure if it was quickly enough, as I said, the bin was already liquid. But for me, they were there so quick.

Nothing else happened, just the bin fire.

From my point of view, I would say it was someone that accidentally threw a burning cigarette inside. I think no matter the reason; anyway they should put fireproof bins there.

The funny part of the situation was when we were watching it burning and the firefighters came... we at the bank were just females! :D We agreed that the fire department was better than the police one in Madrid! ;P The pity is the firefighters don´t extinguish the fire dressing the same they do at the calendars! ;D ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment