Sunday, April 18, 2010

Los Nogales, Spa & Wellness. My favorite Spas in Madrid.


I´ll base my comment on the Paseo Imperial Spa, which is where I went. Regarding infrastructure Spa itself, this is by far the best Spa in Madrid I know.

In a vast space, with pools with different temperatures and water jets at different heights and strengths, Vichy shower area, walk over rocks area, area with moving jets to massage the entire back. A great place!

A detail that for me makes it extremely valuable is that it has different "routes" color coded, according to the type of problem or pain you have. That is, if you, for example, have back problems, it recommends you to follow the green route. Then, in the various areas of the Spa, have signs with their number in each color, so you know perfectly well for your specific problem you must follow the order established by the color map, in this example, green.Of the 2 Spas of this chain, only the Paseo Imperial has this route. Till now I haven´t met any other Spa (in the world! Hehehe but remember that I know Spas in many countries, but just a few, so I can´t proclaim myself an authority of the subject, I would need to go to maaaaany more ... watch out! Sponsors welcome!) :D ;P So, as I was saying, till now Ihaven´t met any other Spa with the routes method and actually this is a quite simple and highly functional. Not to mention a touch of professionalism that gives to the Spa. As I said in other posts, one of the problems that most spas that I know has as is a lack of information to customers who do not have to be experts in spas or know what is best for them or for how long . Apparently in the Spa of Puerta del Hierro (I haven´t gone, but I think I should!... hehehe), they don´t have this system but it is because the design of the Spa area takes you through a logical sequence.

With all that I like the Spa area at Los Nogales, I must confess that my favorite place in this place is the area for relaxation. With starry night effect on the roof and water beds where you feel float, topped with chill out music, it definitely meets its goal and then the hard part is getting out!

They also have areas for therapeutic treatments, relaxing and beauty ones as well, with prices from 5 to 110 Euros. I haven´t try them yet, so I can´t tell you about the quality but if they match with the Spa quality, should be excellent!!

Seems paddle is in somehow a fashion in Madrid, so, they also have a paddle field, giving classes and even participating in competitions. They also have yoga, pilates and a couple of activities alike (I had seen them but now I can´t find them out at their web). You should pay apart for this.

About locations, they have 2 Spas, taken from their web:

Just, you see, at the map they placed at their web, seems both are closer to the metro station of how they really are, let´s better watch this:

Puerta del Hierro:

Paseo Imperial:


It´s actually about where they are why I don´t go so often to this Spa. You see, for me, going out of that marvelous relax salon to walk that far to the metro station and then make 2 transfers to get home ... just on the trip going back home the relax of being at the Spa goes out! : ( On the other hand, it´s also true that when I went to los Nogales Paseo Imperial in a car, had been easy to find where to park.

Here the prices of the Spa circuit, which is 90 minutes:



For going just one single day, prices are:

So, from my 3 favorite Spas in Madrid, this one has the better infrastructure at the Spa and relaxing zones. Point is if you also appreciate the possibility of having activities as yoga, pilates, etc., then, due quality - price relation and due different options, I prefer Elysium.

No comments:

Post a Comment