Wednesday, February 24, 2010

T. G. I. Fridays. Saint Valentine´s 2010 Special Weekend: First Part.

This year we decided to have a big Saint Valentine´s celebration! Actually the point was the good chance of having that day on a weekend and also that we were needing a good relax, so, actually the whole weekend was priceless! :D

We started it with Sil (my daughter), on Friday morning (I haven´t to work and her University classes started after midday). She would stay at home that weekend (the poor girl! She would have the house for a weekend, for her own and the friends she would like to invite! Yes! She should be suffering a lot with the idea! Hehehehe) ;P Eh! She´s a very, very responsible 22 y/o lady! And I mean it! My family would be quite glad if I would be a 10% responsible at her age of what she is!

You see, we were celebrating her birthday and also Saint Valentine, the point is in Guatemala this date is not just for couples, actually there it´s the friendship and love day. I have great memories of my school days, at Saint Valentine everybody exchanging gifts, souvenirs, cards, candies… :D There it´s a nice festivity for everybody and not just for lovers!

So, we started with Sil since the morning, having breakfast at [h]arina. After that we went to the airport, my brother in law, Edu, his wife, Marta and my nephew, Mateo, were going to Tenerife and left me their car to take care of it ;P It was the first flight for Mateo!




After the airport, we went to lunch at T. G. I. Fridays (“Fridays” for its friends) ;P No, it wasn´t about being hungry after that breakfast! Well, actually we didn´t ate that much there knowing we´ll have lunch at Fridays.

I should confess I love good USA food restaurants (sorry, I won´t ever say “American food”. You see, for Latin American people, if you say “America”, you are talking about the whole continent, not just about USA. I know, even they say “America” instead USA and they say they are “Americans”. You see, for me Americans are all the people living in America, the continent, as Europeans are all the ones living in Europe. So sorry, but I won´t accept to use American for just USA things by my own). After this pseudo break of demands, I continue with my story :D So, I like a lot the good USA food restaurants! Note! I said “good” ones! ;P

At Fridays I always have problems choosing my food, because I like a lot of things. Btw: I had read a comment about this place, somebody complaining about how many chicken dishes they have at Fridays and saying something like “If I would like to eat chicken I would stay at home”… you see… I can bet that grilling meat and cooking eggs with potatoes is something quite common in Spanish houses, and anyway a lot of Spanish people ask for them at restaurants. Actually it´s something really different what you eat at a restaurant than what you eat at home (or at least this is like that for me, I should be in a real hurry to go to eat to a place where I find worst food of what I have at home and I should say that Curro and I cook pretty well). So, as I said, the chick at Fridays is very nice! (And I´m not talking about a waiter! Hehehe oh well… let me think…) ;P

Here the menu for you to have an idea of what you find there:









They also have special menus during week day’s midday, including a first course, a main course, dessert and beverage. Also, as in all the Grupo Vip´s restaurants, you could be part of the club, which gives you a card that gives you special discounts and promotions, like 40% of on dinners from Monday to Thursday, or tickets with a discount for another restaurant.

I also like a lot the atmosphere of the place, it´s normal in USA food restaurants to find very friendly restaurant staff. They´re also famous due making you to dance or at least to stand on a chair when they know you are celebrating there your birthday… like in mine in 2006:



I also like the decoration. At least of the one that is at “La Esquina del Bernabeu”, this one has great views of the cross of the streets Concha Espina and Padre Damian, here you can have a better idea of how it looks:



One of the things with more fans here are the desserts. For me the best of their desserts is… that you can take them home! (I usually have no space for desserts eating here!).

After Fridays, I left Sil at the subway station and went to pick up Curro to start our special weekend.

(To be continued).

1 comment:

  1. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..
    Falafel Wrap in USA

    ReplyDelete