Sunday, November 1, 2009

Michael Jackson: This is it!



Yeap! Of course I went to watch it! I went with Sil, my daughter, to Principe Pio cinema, today, October 31st at 16.00.

I had been so excited waiting the movie since the first time I saw the trailer, I bought the entrances asap, thinking I could miss the chance to watch it if I shouldn´t.



First of all I was expecting a crowded cinema with thousands of fans dressed as MJ… and not. We were just few people there. I want to think it was a matter of the hour I went.

The movie itself was great. Maybe I would like to have a more extended version, especially with the part of him selecting the dancers. To see the dedication he gives to every single detail to be perfect, the magic he created no matter if it was just a rehearsal, no wonder his team was shouting for joy watching him dancing and singing.

In several parts I was tempted to stand up and dance… but well, I went with my daughter, I think this is the kind of things she wouldn´t ever forgive me if I do it… (I´m grown enough to not to care what anybody else says about me… but my daughter…). I do think it was a privilege to be selected for being part of the dancers group.

I also liked the approach they gave to the movie, no yellow press, no talking about his death and what came next… it is a film about how he created everything for his last show. Actually it was done more thinking about his fans than thinking about him.

I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment