Friday, October 16, 2009

Iguassu Falls, Hotel Cataratas.Argentina: 4th. Part.



I had been twice in Iguassu and I would love to go again! Due the distances and the fact that you should cross the border for watching the falls from the Brazilian side, I think it´s better to do this visit in a concerted tour.

In 2004 an Argentinean colleague of mine did me the favor of searching a travel agency for arrange the tour, but I´m afraid I haven´t keep the name, so, in 2008 I had to search by my own. After comparing and searching info (at forum s, by example), the travel agency I recommend for tourism in Argentina is Rektour, that seems to work (or to belong to the same company´s group) of www.argenplus.com / www.argentinaamedida.com. As far as what they were recommending at the web wasn´t exactly what I wanted (due the number of nights and activities to do), I contact them by mail and a couple of times by phone (skype actually), and they really had a great attitude for helping me to find the best options. Maybe the only one thing that from my point of view they should improve, is about explaining in a better way the hotel options, but actually I think the problem was that they didn´t have enough info for explaining that point in a better way.

I had the very good luck that Montse, Patxi and Topo wanted to do this tour with me, so, it was a great and very funny travel.

Let me introduce you my friends. Montse and Patxi are couple, they met each other due Scrabble and they both are excellent players, but better people, maybe the most generous ones I know at the Scrabble environment. Patxi is from Murcia and he moved to live to Girona for being close to Montse, she´s from Girona., They are also a couple of winners. Patxi was champion of the National Tourney in Spain in 2008 and also at the Master´s Championship in Spain in the same year. 2008 was his best year and in 2009 is usually part of the podium at the tourneys he plays. Montse was the champion of the National Tourney in Spain in 2009, is with no doubts the best female Scrabble player in Spain and during 2007, 2008 and 2009 had been almost always part of the podium of the tourneys she plays. They are the ones that usually bring me hospitality when I go to Girona and it always means hours and hours playing Scrabble, mostly with Patxi. Topo is one of the most noble people I know. He´s brilliant in math as well in language matters. He´s always happy (or mostly) and his thought speed is incredible. He´s also an excellent Scrabble player… who would tell me I had been travelling with the Duplicates mode World Champion of 2008! :D

So, with that company, the joy was assured at this travel! And the Scrabble´s matches as well! :D

Our flight to Iguassu was early in the morning. So we went sleeping a bit.



We arrived at morning, so we had time to go to the hotel to leave the bags, it was the Hotel Cataratas, at the Argentinean side. The hotel is good, not excellent, but good. It´s best part was the swimming pool. It´s worst: the restaurant. Problem there is you don´t have more options due everything is so far away, but don´t get me wrong, you can eat there, just that is not exactly a delicious food, not a place to enjoy the Argentinean cousine.

We had time enough to eat and to have a walk at the Hotel´s Botanical Garden. Worth view! :D



(To be continued).

No comments:

Post a Comment