Sunday, May 17, 2009

A SPA day at the Hotel Habakuk, Slovenia



In September 2005 I had to go, due work, to Slovenia. (Oh yeah! 2005 was a great travelling year! Just I´m afraid it also meant a loooot of work as well!).

I had been 1 week in Maribor, giving training to a mix group from several East European countries. The training itself was a quite interesting experience, learning a lot about several ex-communist countries that were working hard to become into capitalism competitive ones. We had been talking also about the mafia and how in some countries is quite difficult to fight against it due it´s involving powerful people.



Eating costumes is also something interesting when you travel. In Europe there´s a standard about breakfast and having a good combination of proteins, vegetables and something sweet as desert at midday. The dinner and the timeframe to do the different meals are when you can find deep differences, as well at the condiments and the most used food.



Time to time I have interesting surprises due where I really don´t think I´ll find something that reminds me Guatemalan food, I do! That was the case with something specific in Slovenia, the pumpkin seed oil. They use it with the salads. In Guatemala we have a condiment that is powder of roasted pumpkin seeds and we use it for eating things like orange or green mangos with salt and lemon… that in some way are a bit like a salad! :) No, we don´t eat that as salad, it´s more like a snack actually. So, was a great discovery the pumpkin seed oil, also gave me the idea that I can use the pumpkin seed powder for salads!

We had a hard working week there, but anyway we had a bit of time to meet Maribor.





As usual, I took care of having a free day in Maribor, and one girl of the staff suggested me to have a SPA day at Habakuk hotel… oh yes! It was a great idea! :D

The surroundings are really nice, a lot of green, birds signing, wood constructions, a peaceful place.




The hotel, nice one, 5 stars, but not exactly with a design that makes it to be, just due the design, in my list of favorite ones.



Nice swimming pull with Jacuzzis.

The hotel´s restaurant was ok. Nothing worth to talk about.

But what made it an unforgettable experience was the pack I took. I´m afraid I don´t remember the name, but it consisted in having first a mud bath, then a massage (A) and then a time in a Whirlpool tub (B), that was special due the masseuse turned out the lights and at the ceiling they had small lights simulating stars, candles at the floor and of course, relaxing music at the background.



When the masseuse came back, I was almost sleeping, she had prepared the bed (C ) and left me there, with a tea, telling me I could stay there the time I wish, keeping the stars at the ceiling and the relaxing music… WOW! What a relaxing experience! OOOOOOOOHHHHHMMMMMM!! :D

1 comment:

  1. kuponko.si nudi uporabnikom ponudbe slovenskih restavracij, trgovin, lepotilnih in športnih centrov; razvedrilne, zabavne in ostale vsebine z od 50 do 90-odstotnim popustom
    kuponko.si

    ReplyDelete